Friday, July 3, 2009

Swim Lessons

On Monday Sydney started "Mommy & Me" swim classes as the local pool. She loves swimming at Grandma Shannon's house but the first day of lessons was a little rough. She did not like the "organized" swim especially when she said, "All done!" and I would not let her get out. Each lesson we sing several songs, do back floats, tummy floats, dunking, etc. Sydney's least favorite part is when the 2 instructors take turns swimming with her. It is to get her used to people other than relatives holding her, but the first day she cried and then hit the instructor! I was so mortified!! So everyday as we drive over we have "the talk." It consists of me telling her that she has to be nice and that there is no hitting. So far, so good. No more hitting and no more tears which is progress. Danny came yesterday and was able to get some pictures. She has one more week and we are excited to see what she can learn. 

Practicing her tummy float

She loves the kickboard and pretending to be a motorboat.


I had to include this picture because it is classic Sydney. She is done and wants to get out and I am explaining that there is one more song to sing and then we can get out. She said, "No more songs!" Trying to reason with a toddler!


After every swim lesson she likes to sit in this little spot in the sun to dry off. She usually enjoys a snack as well. We are always the last people at the pool.


1 comment:

Liz Rose said...

Oh I love the fire in this girl!! I still cannot get over how big she is. What a doll!