Friday, May 15, 2009

Poor Sydney! Oh yeah, and Happy Mother's Day!

Since it has been awhile since I have posted I will update you on the awful week Sydney had last week. On Tuesday afternoon she started to run a fever. She would not eat, only drank juice and spent the night in our bed. This lasted until Friday morning!! I figured that if by Friday the fever had not broken we would be off to the doctor. That may sound like a bad mom thing, but she had no other symptoms. No rash, runny nose, cough, etc. So I began to think it was her cutting her 2 year molars (in the past she has been known to run a fever when teething). Well her fever broke so I thought we were in the clear until Friday evening she broke out in a rash! My mother-in-law quickly said that it must be Roseola because all 5 of her kids had it. We looked it up and sure enough all of the symptoms matched. It is a virus so the doctor was unable to do anything, it just had to run its course.
So Saturday morning dawned and I decided  to take Sydney to my mom's house to go swimming. We had been indoors all week so we both needed a break (from the house and each other)! Just as I am getting the towels so we can walk out the door Sydney trips and hits her mouth on the coffee table. This has happened before but never any blood, well not this time! She was bleeding all over the place and I honestly freaked out a little bit. This was Sydney's first big spill that caused so much blood. I felt sick to my stomach, not from the blood but from her being in pain. Awful!! I thought we were on our way to the emergency room but I was able to ice it, get it to stop bleeding and realize that it was only her lip and that no stitches were needed. We decided to go swimming anyways so my stepdad (he's a nurse) could take a look at her lip and make sure I was right about the no-stitches. Here is my poor baby in the pool:
As of today, almost a week later, the scab is gone and her lip looks really good. Needless to say though, I went to church by myself on Mother's Day. I could not send my daughter to Nursery covered in spots with a fat lip. Can you imagine what my new ward would think?! It was nice to sit and listen to the talks with no distractions, it turned out to be a special Mother's Day treat. I also got to talk to my brother Dallin... Elder Tonks who comes home September 28th. That is always special and we are really excited. Danny and Sydney also made me chocolate chip pancakes and gave me a cool gift... No Doubt tickets! After the long and crazy week, I had a really great Mother's Day.

No comments: