Monday, June 1, 2009

How Did This Happen?

Let me give you a little background, my daughter has never been a co-sleeper. This is a fact that I have always been proud of. When she was a newborn she slept in her crib, in her own room. We had a video monitor so I could she as well as hear every breath, so do not call CPS on me! :) She also was the kid who would point to her bed when she was tired. Well ever since we moved and got her into a big girl bed, this is what the morning looks like. 


As you can see, her legs are going across my pillow area, exactly where I should be sleeping. Now I am not the only one who gets the boot, Danny is just as uncomfortable. She usually falls asleep in our bed, we move her to her own bed and by 3am she is in our room climbing in again. So last night I had had enough. At 2:15am I marched her back to her bed. She went crazy, crying, kicking and trying to escape. So I laid down with her until she calmed down and went back to sleep. But sure enough, at 5:30am she was in our bed again! Arg!! I know this is a stage and a process we have to keep up, but I am frankly tired and sore. Being 6 months pregnant with a toddler kicking me in the back is no fun. To soften the blow though, every morning she wakes up, cuddles up to me and either gives me a kiss or says, "love you mama." Sydney possess such strong powers of persuasion that I kiss her back and think, "Could there be a better way to start my day? Maybe just one more night..."

3 comments:

Jo said...

It is a two edged sword, no doubt. Carly has just gotten over that and sleeps in her bed all night now. But it took a good year. Good luck!

Kelly said...

oh no! good luck with this new stage! maybe it was better when she didn't now how to get off her bed. :)

MaryAnn said...

I feel for ya! May this stage go by quickly.