Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Long Beach Aquarium

We took a much needed family day and headed down to Long Beach to visit the Aquarium. I had never been before and was not too surprised. They had some cool exhibits, and Sydney loved the fish, but they are fish after all and they do not do much! :) Her favorite part was one of the interactive exhibits where she could touch Starfish, and other water creatures. There was something called a Water Hare that was squishy like what I would imagine a squid would feel like and she loved it. She was so gentle, using 2 fingers to pat it like she was taught by the volunteer. So gross! I made sure that we were all disinfected properly, but it was fun nonetheless.
Checking out the Sting Rays

Sydney staring down a shark, she means business!

Tysen loved the fish and could not be bothered to take a picture.
Isn't she pretty?! I know she is mine, but wow! Such a sweetheart.

Feeding the birds. Tysen, again with the thumb, oh boy!!

I don't know what say, Danny took this picture. Too funny! Our Cali girl



1 comment:

Kelsey said...

That picture of just her that says "pretty girl" under it is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw it. She's always been super cute, but that one she's sooooo pretty. Like a real little girl! We went to the aquarium for Raya's 1st bday and I wasn't impressed. Lol. We walked through what I thought was the 1st exhibit until I looked at the map and realized we'd walked through the whole thing. Oppsies. Hehe. She liked it though!