Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend with Grandma & Grandpa

We went out to my mom's this last weekend to celebrate my sister's 18th birthday. It is hard to believe that she is 18. Sadie is the nicest and most amazing person in the world. I totally look up to her and feel so lucky she is my sister. We went to Olive Garden to celebrate and I ate myself into a breadstick coma. Oh the salad and breadsticks!

Sadie and Sydney, best buds.

We then spent the night in order to work on the Glendora house the next day. Poor Danny had a root canal Friday morning and he was in a lot of pain. They gave him Vicodin, but we quickly learned he was allergic. He was up most of Friday night itchy and in pain. Poor baby! So by Saturday afternoon, after he had worked on the house all day and had 2 hrs of sleep the night before, he was exhausted. I was also exhausted, mostly because I am pregnant and always tired. So my angel mother took one look at us and said, "Let me keep Sydney." I was momentarily euphoric, but then guilt set-in. I did not want her to have to watch Syd, but my mom insisted and said she wanted to keep her and have more grandbaby time. So Danny and I left for our drive home. We came home, were in bed by 9:30 pm and did not wake up until 9 am the next morning. There was tossing and turning of course, but we were not wide awake until 9 am. We then laid around until 9:45 am when we realized that we had to get in the shower or we would be late for church! Oh it was priceless. I then met my mom and Victor after church and picked up our little princess. Best part of all, Sydney was an angel. My mom said she was so easy she would have kept her another night if only she did not have to work Monday. I needed the R&R and it seems Sydney needed it too. Thanks Grandma Shannon and Grandpa Victor!

1 comment:

AJsGirls said...

Don't feel guilty! You absolutely deserve it, isn't it such a strange feeling being kidless?