Thursday, September 11, 2008

A simple rose

Today I was out running errands and I came home to discover that Danny had stopped in for a few minutes before his next appointment. We had just been on the phone and he had not mentioned that he was home so I was pretty excited to see his car in the garage. I came into the kitchen and there on the counter was a single rose!! I was so surprised and touched. I remember when getting flowers felt almost mandatory while we were dating and I began to take them for granted. Now romance to me is bathing Sydney, letting me sleep in an extra half hour or suggesting I get ice cream with the girls when I need a break. Today I realized that I still love getting flowers. They mean even more now, because they are spontaneous and few and far between. Not that I am complaining. I know I would feel guilty if he bought me extravagant bouquets when there are more pressing things to buy. But today I realized that while he was out at work, going about his day he thought of me and that just makes me feel like a queen. 


3 comments:

Jo said...

Awww!!! That's so sweet!

Pam said...

What a sweetheart! The simple things are the best! Good job Danny!

Shand and Bry said...

Who knew that Danny was so sweet? We'll have to give him props! Did he cry too? Haha, jk.