Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some Fun Things

Thought I would take a second on this peaceful Sunday afternoon to share a few things that have happened. First, Sydney's new favorite spot is my closet. It is a mini walk-in so she can go in, close the door and be all alone. This is great when we are getting ready for church because she is right there within hearing distance and it keeps her totally entertained. It just makes it hard for me to get dressed! :) I have to make a quick exit before she slams the door behind me! This morning she yelled "Mom," I opened the door, she came running out and was back inside within a minute with a book. She read happily until we had to leave. But I digress, the point of all this is to share some pictures I got. On Friday she was in the closet and I could hear shoes falling, so I peaked through Danny's side and saw her trying on my shoes! I had a proud mommy moment when I realized my daughter may turn out to be a girly girl also. :) Here are the pictures..

This is when I first caught her.





Then today we went to check the mail and Sydney got a package! My mom enrolled her in the "Book of the Month Club" and when you first sign-up you get 8 books for the price of shipping. 5 of the 8 arrived today and she was so excited. One was an Elmo pop-up book on manners and Elmo is her favorite. Now we have new stories to read tonight before bed.







4 comments:

Lori said...

I love how she smiles for the camera. So cute! Glad I found your blog :).

Liz Rose said...

She is so cute! I'm so glad you're blogging--its so fun to get to know Sydney this way. Just at church is not good enough!! :)

Jo said...

I was going to say... Hmmm, I wonder why she likes your closet so much???? Could it be the all the pretty shoes and clothes? I believe it's only a matter of time that she'll be borrowing those shoes as well as some clothes to go along with! She is sooooo cute!

Kim said...

A girl after my own heart!! She is adorable.