Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

We had such a lovely and laid-back V-day. Danny and I decided that it was not worth the headache to find a sitter to go out and pay for over-priced food, so we made it a family day. Danny bought Sydney a gift and I got Tysen a gift. I made dinner (which I thought was pretty yummy & got smiles from husband) and then Danny handled dessert. He loves those birds nest things, you make them out of chow mein noodles and butterscotch chips. Too funny! So he whipped those up with M&M's as the little eggs. I got some beautiful flowers and a Mandoline slicer. I know it sounds lame, but it was seriously the sweetest thing!! I mentioned it in passing a few weeks ago how I had always wanted one and he remembered!! He does listen! ;) After 12 Valentine's Days together I am happy to say the romance is still there, even if it is more domesticated.

Our table all laid out. Very last minute.
Yum yum. Chicken pastries, rice & fresh green beans

Sydney with her Bieber Barbie.
Tysen got "Bob" jammies. Sooo cute!!

My romantic gift

The hubby and I. So great when your 3 year old can take pictures and eliminate those awkward "hold-the-camera-out-in-front" shots.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Um, this could've been my post :) well except that you had a for real dinner and looked super cute in your pictures. I guess the part in common we have was the whole not wanting the headache of finding a babysitter AND wasting money on an expensive dinner. lol. we may or may not have eaten off of tv trays in our pajamas. HAHA. but it was a great V-Day for sure! see you tomorrow!!!