Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sydney in Wonderland

Sydney has really gotten into Alice in Wonderland lately because of the new movie coming out. I was so excited to see that The Blue Chair (http://www.bluechairbooks.com), a little book store in downtown Glendora was hosting a tea party with Alice. It was this past Saturday, so I signed Sydney up for a Mommy-daughter outing. I dressed her up in an old halloween costume my Grandma Woolf had made so she would be in the spirit of things. As we pulled up Sydney made a comment about being excited to see Alice. For a second I got nervous, not thinking that Alice would actually be there, but that it was a Alice in Wonderland themed tea party. Thank heavens I was wrong! Right before tea started Alice walked in! Sydney's eyes got so big!! She was too shy to talk to her, she just stood there and stared. The party was so cute with strawberries, cheese and crackers for the kids to munch on and iced tea to drink. Sydney was not a fan so they filled her glass with water instead. She was the youngest kid there and I was proud of what a big girl she was. They had some really cute games, which Sydney did not totally participate in, but I figured hey, this is supposed to be fun, forcing her to play games is not. They then had mushroom cupcakes that made them grow big like Alice, story-time and then pictures with Alice. It was such an adorable day. I was really impressed with store and staff. We are looking forward to more fun parties there.
Outside the book store, dressed like Alice.

The cute little room with all the party-goers.

Sydney eating her mushroom cupcake.

Making friends with Alice.

2 comments:

Liz Rose said...

OH, she is so cute! I could not get enough of her at the park. Such a cutie. :0)

Jo said...

How fun! She truly is adorable :)