Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April

Gosh, I have been so lazy lately! Things have been happening but I have not wanted to blog about it. :) So April is always a big month for us Lovio's. Danny and I celebrated our 7 year annversary on April 2nd. It was a low-key one as we were at a baby shower for Danny's brother and sister-in-law. I told him that I really was not worried about celebrating cuz life with him is fun enough. I know that sounds cheesy, but it is the truth. I have fun with him no matter what we are doing and I love him more today than when we got married. He is really my best friend and I feel so blessed to share this crazy life with him.
Us on Easter....

Then it was my birthday on the 18th. I turned 28, gulp! Got to say this was a tough pill to swallow and cannot believe I am so old! Danny did not disappoint this year and he surprised me with a trip to Vegas. We went the weekend of my birthday and stayed at the M Resort. Even better, my brother Devon and his darling wife Cailey drove down from Utah and spent the weekend with us. Friday we drove in and had a nice dinner. Saturday was spent by the pool (it was a glorious 90 degrees there!) and then that night we went to see Brandon Flowers at the House of Blues. Best Concert EVER!! So great and so relaxing! The kids were with my mom and had so much fun. Every time we called my mom would ask if Sydney wanted to talk to us and she would say, "No thank you." Guess she didn't miss us too much!! I was also spoiled with fab gifts... clothes, a manicure, more clothes and fancy new baking supplies. I swear, my cookies are now out of this world! Williams and Sonoma know what they are doing. :)

Blowing out the candles on my favorite cake, pink on pink.


Then of course we had Sydney's birthday the 25th. My baby turned 4! She was a little nervous too about getting older. We were driving and she said to Danny and I, "I have a confession to make. Even though I get older I will always be your baby girl." So sweet! She had quite to birthday. We did not have a birthday party for her but that did not mean she did not get a million presents. This girl is spoiled.

Right before she opened presents at my mom's. So excited!!

Blowing out her candles on 4 cupcakes.


My mom used to take birthday pictures of us when we were kids and I have started the same tradition. This is Sydney with her first set of gifts.

Then we went out to Simi Valley and got more gifts! That same day we saw Danny's college buddies and they too showered her in gifts. So we had to do Round 2 of the birthday pictures.

We are beyond blest to have two beautiful children, a strong marriage and friends and family that truly love us. April was a month full of fun, surprises and blessings.

No comments: